The urological department of The Caucasus Medical Center is distinguished by the diversity and quality of services throughout the country.
The hospital, equipped with the latest operating and postoperative care services, offers its patients a full range of treatment for urological pathologies.
The clinic has 24-hour urological service and, if necessary, urgent urological interventions, procedures and surgical operations are performed in 24-hour regime.
The clinic offers the following services to patients:
- Endoscopic surgery for removal of kidney, ureter and bladder stones using a powerful holmium laser, which allows us not to be limited by the size of the stone.
- Medicamentous, endoscopic, laparoscopic and open surgical treatment for benign enlargement of the prostate - in the case of endoscopy, the procedure is performed both with the help of a bipolar apparatus and with a laser.
- Endoscopic surgery and drug treatment of early stage tumors of the bladder and upper urinary tract (chemotherapy or immunotherapy) - in case of spread, laparoscopic or open radical cystectomy (removal of the bladder) and nephrectomy (removal of the kidney and ureter) are possible. In the case of cystectomy, various types of intestinal reservoirs are performed (orthotopic reservoir, sigmorectal reservoir, ileum conduit) as agreed with the patient.
- Treatment of prostate cancer with laparoscopic and open radical prostatectomy (removal of the prostate) - in the case of the spread and presence of metastases, systemic hormone therapy and chemotherapy are performed.
- Resection of early stage kidney cancer, both by laparoscopy and by the open method - in case of spread, laparoscopic nephrostomy is performed (removal of the kidney) or, in the case of a blood clot in the vein, open nephrectomy and removal of the thrombus.
- Laparoscopic and open plastic surgery for narrowing of the pyelourethral angle or any part of the ureter.
- In the case of the structure of the urethra, an endoscopic incision is made using a laser or, in more complex cases, an open plastic surgery is conducted using various methods.
- A full range of emergency care: detorzio with twisting of the seminal gland; vascular bypass surgery for priapism; ureteral stenting or nephrostomy for obstruction of the upper urinary tract; ureterorenoscopy and stone removal if it is present in the ureter; removal of blood clots from the lower urinary tract during severe bleeding, and coagulation (stop bleeding).