Ia Javakhishvili graduated from Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Faculty of Medicine, and received a degree of trained professional. She received postgraduate education at Tbilisi State Medical University and the Institute of Continuing Professional Development. She completed a residency program at Acad. K.V. Chachava Scientific-Research Institute of Perinatal Medicine and Obstetrics-Gynecology.
- In 2011-2019 she underwent a training program on "The Role of Colposcopy in Cervical Cancer Screening and Diagnosis";
- In 2014 participated in the international conference "From Technological Innovation to Perfection";
- In 2016 she participated in the following international conferences: "Advances in Modern Reproductive Medicine, The Role of Surgery" and "Major Problems in the field of Maternal and Perinatal Mortality in Georgia";
- In 2016 she completed a training course at the Academy for Endometriosis;
- In 2017 was a speaker at the II International Conference on Primary Health Care Development on "Leukorrhea in Women of Reproductive Age";
- In 2019 became a member of the European Association of Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology – EURAPAG.
Since 2014 she has been working at Medical Corporation Evex and Mezone Clinic.